Once summer arrives, watermelon is a lifesaver in my household! We eat so much watermelon in the warmer months, it becomes a side for just about everything!
This Watermelon Poke Cake is the perfect dessert to ring in the summer months! Using a boxed cake mix has never been easier - the addition of jello keeps things moist and flavorful! Top it all off with some Cool Whip and you’ve got a yummy confection to share!
- 1 box white cake mix, plus ingredients required on the box
- 1 box watermelon jello
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- Green food coloring (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare cake mix as per package directions.
- Pour batter into a prepared 13x9 pan.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool cake completely, then poke holes with the handle of a mixing spoon approximately one inch apart.
- Prepare jello as directed on the package (typically this uses 2 cups of water - 1 boiling, 1 cold).
- Pour jello liquid over the cake evenly.
- Place cake in refrigerator for 1-2 hours until cooled completely.
- If desired, dye Cool Whip with green food coloring until it is a light green color. Frost cake with Cool Whip and enjoy!