When you're hosting overnight guests, the last thing you want to do is spend the whole morning the kitchen.
This delicious breakfast casserole is so easy to toss together that it won't take much more than 20 minutes to prepare. Mix it up the night before and bake it for an hour before bed time.
Then, the next morning, pop it in the oven to heat up while you chat over a coffee.
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1/2 pound spicy sausage, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cups frozen, cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 9 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups cottage cheese
- 1/14 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon, sausage and onion about 10 mins.
- Drain the mixture and transfer to a large bowl
- Add potatoes, eggs, and the cheeses
- Stir mixture until well combined
- Pour into a 3.3L rectangular casserole dish
- Bake 45-50 minutes, or until eggs are set and cheese has melted
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting and serving