Tres Leches Cake is a very popular cake all around the world that is thought to originate from Mexico. This delicious “three milks bread” will rock your Cinco de Mayo festivities, and it’s so easy to make!
This version is made simple using a boxed cake mix, and ingredients you may already have on hand! Serve it up with some finely diced fruit and you’ll love eating this fresh dessert!
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 container whipped white frosting
- Strawberry, mango and kiwi, diced finely for topping (optional)
- Heat oven according to cake mix directions. Grease and flour or spray bottom and sides of 13x9-inch pan.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil, vanilla and eggs with mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan.
- Bake as directed on box for 13x9-inch pan. Let stand 5 minutes. Poke top of hot cake every 1/2 inch with long-tined fork, wiping fork occasionally to reduce sticking.
- In large bowl, stir together sweetened condensed milk, whole milk and whipping cream. Carefully pour evenly over top of cake. Cover and refrigerate about 1 hour or until mixture is absorbed into cake. Frost with frosting. Store covered in refrigerator.