There is always an easy solution to life’s easy problems, In the kitchen it’s no different. These are 4 easy problems I’ve had and 4 quick fixes that saved me time and money!
I’ve seen a bunch of single use gimmicky products lately and I knew there would be a better solution. My junk drawer always has a couple rubber bands lying around and I decided to put them to use one day to solve a few common problems. Necessity of the mother of invention!
- Rubber bands
Hard to open Jars
- Use 1 rubber bands - one on the lid, the other around the jar - to improve your grip.
Keep your cutting board from slipping
- Wrap rubber bands around either side of your cutting board.
- Use your newly secure cutting board as normal.
Prevent a mixing spoon from falling in your bowl
- Wrap a rubber band around the end of your mixing spoon.
- Mix as usual and rest it against the lip of your bowl.
Keep a sliced apple from browning
- Slice your apple into quarters.
- Reassemble apple and wrap in a rubber band to keep fresh until snack time!