Chocolate and mint desserts are one of my biggest weaknesses...I just can't get enough! When I saw this recipe for Mint Chocolate Swirl Bark I knew that it would be a winner - it's easy, delicious and fun to make.
This dessert is so easy that you'll think you're doing something wrong (trust me you're not). If you're in a hurry and need to speed up the hardening process just stick the bark in the refrigerator instead of letting it cool to room temperature.
- 7 ounces white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 ounce (1/4 cup) green candy melts
- 1/4 teaspoon canola or vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Melt the white chocolate and green candy melts together. Use a double boiler or microwave. If using microwave, stir the chocolate every 20 seconds. Once melted and smooth, stir in oil and peppermint extract. Set aside.
- Next, melt the semi-sweet chocolate. Pour onto prepared baking sheet and spread out into a large rectangle. Drizzle the white chocolate mixture on top in lines. Use a toothpick or knife to swirl the layers together.
- Allow the chocolate to set at room temperature in a cool, dry environment. My swirled barks usually take around 45 minutes. If needed, you can stick it in the refrigerator to help speed things up. Once hardened, break into pieces as large or as small as you want.