These cookies are just too good to share. Red Velvet Nutella Cookie Sandwiches are absolutely amazing! They're gooey, moist, rich and totally addictive...you'll want to eat the whole batch!
If you want your cookies to be gooey the next day, just pop them in the microwave for about 5 seconds and they'll taste like they just came out of the oven!
- 1⅔ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup Dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cups lightly packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon milk, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1¾ tablespoons red food coloring
- ¾ cup chocolate chips, plus extra for topping.
- 18 teaspoons Nutella
- cream cheese frosting
- Mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl add the butter, white and brown sugars. Mix together using a hand mixer.
- Add your egg, milk, vanilla extract, and red food coloring to the butter and sugar mixture. Mix to combine.
- Next add the bowl of dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix.
- Stir in your chocolate chips and chill the mixture in the fridge for 1 hour.
- On a parchment paper lined baking sheet add your drops of Nutella. Place the baking sheet in the freezer and freeze until Nutella is solid.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove the cookie dough from the fridge. Take one tablespoon of dough and place a frozen teaspoon of Nutella onto the dough. Add another half tablespoon of dough over the Nutella to cover.
- Roll the dough into a ball and bake for 9-10 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and gently press the tops with a spatula - add chocolate chips if desired.
- To make your cookies into sandwiches, take one cookie and pipe cream cheese frosting on the bottom. Stick the bottom of another cookie to the frosting on the other cookie and voila! You have a delicious Red Velvet Nutella Stuffed Cookies to share (or eat all for yourself)!