Blackheads are some of the most common skin conditions caused by clogged hair follicles. They appear black because they contain oxidized melanin, which is the pigment made by skin cells called melanocytes.
They happen when your skin produces excessive amounts of sebum or oils at the base of hairs. Often, they appear during puberty or other periods of hormonal change.
One of the best ways to treat blackheads by using this gentle Milk & Nutmeg exfoliation cream. Milk contains lactic acid that breaks down dead skin cells, while nutmeg offers gentle scrubbing power that will loosen blackheads and leave behind soft, supple skin.
Follow this simple recipe for a Milk & Nutmeg scrub that gently exfoliates your skin and lifts out blackheads:
You Will Need:
1 tablespoon of nutmeg powder
8 ounces of milk
1 small bowl
Fork or spoon
Preparation and Application:
- Mix the nutmeg powder and milk until you have a thin paste.
- Before applying the solution, wash your face with clean water.
- Once the face is clean and dried, apply the exfoliator lightly in circular motions.
- Pay close attention to areas with blackheads, but don't be too rough to avoid irritating your skin.
- Keep massaging the face for about 3 to 5 minutes and then rinse off with clean water.
Try it out and leave a comment below - did it work for you?