The classic combination of peanut butter and jam has left the sandwich behind in this PB&J Bar recipe! Every kid and kid at heart will love these scrumptious bite size bars!
These PB&J Bars start with a peabut butter shortbread crust bottom, sweet strawberry jam and topped with some crunchy, salty peanuts to create the ultimate bite! These guys won’t last long so be prepared to make another batch!
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3/4 cup (packed) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup strawberry jam
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped salted dry-roasted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 8 x 8 x 2-inch metal baking pan with heavy-duty foil, leaving 2-inch overhang around edges and pressing firmly into corners and up sides of pan. Coat foil with nonstick spray. Whisk flour, baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in small bowl. Using electric mixer, beat peanut butter, sugar, and butter in large bowl until smooth. Add egg and vanilla; beat on low speed until smooth. Add flour mixture; beat on low speed just to blend. Transfer half of dough to prepared pan. Place remaining dough in freezer for 10 minutes. Using fingertips, press dough evenly onto bottom of pan. Spread jelly over in even layer. Remove dough from freezer; using fingertips, break into grape-size pieces and scatter over jelly layer. Sprinkle chopped nuts over.
- Bake bars until top is golden brown, about 30 minutes. Cool bars completely in pan on rack.
- Using foil overhang as aid, lift bars from pan. Gently peel foil from edges. Cut into 16 squares.