Nothing says "home cooked meal" like a meatloaf dinner. It's filling and tasty, plus it's great for leftovers the next day.
But if you don't have time to make one yourself, you can let your slow cooker do the hard work with this creative spin on the classic recipe.
Either make veggies as a side or drop some potatoes and carrots into the cooker.
This recipe lets the machine do just about everything, but unfortunately you'll still have to clean up after dinner!
- 1 1/2 pounds of lean ground beef
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon of chopped sage leaves or 1/4 teaspoon of dried sage leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped, or 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 3 slices of bread, torn into pieces
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- Line your slow cooker with foil and spray the foil with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix all the ingredients except the ketchup in a bowl. Shape the mixture into a loaf and put it in the center of the slow cooker.
- Spread ketchup over the loaf.
- Cover the loaf and cook on a Low etting for 3-4 hours. A meat thermometer will read 160 degrees when the loaf is cooked.
- Remove you meat loaf and place it on a serving platter. Enjoy!
[H/T: Betty Crocker]
Share this recipe with someone you know!