Deep Fried Mars Bars are said to have been made first in Scotland, but they have quickly spread as a dessert-favorite all over the world!
It’s so easy to make this at home, it would be silly not to give it a try! Whip up a quick and easy batter, dunk those Mars bars and get frying! You can even give this a try with any other chocolate bar that you like. Enjoy with a cold glass of milk for a treat you won’t soon forget!
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 Mars bars or any other candy bar you like
- Oil for frying
- Mix flour, salt, and water until smooth, cover, and let stand at room temperature 20 to 30 minutes.
- Stir baking powder into batter.
- Preheat oil in a deep fryer or large pot until 375 degrees.
- Dip candy bars into batter, allowing excess to drain off, then quickly and carefully place into deep fryer or pot. Fry until golden brown, then drain on paper towel. Enjoy immediately!