The Cheesecake Factory is known for many delicious foods (not just cheesecake!), and avocado egg rolls are one that tons of people know and love.
These Copycat Avocado Egg Rolls have a bacon addition, and are just as good (if not better!) than The Cheesecake Factory’s. Fry these up for a crispy outer shell, and smooth, fresh filling. You’ll love this spin on your classic egg rolls!
- Oil, for frying
- 2 large avocados; perfectly ripe peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1/2 lime
- 6-7 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 12-14 slices bacon cooked
- 12-14 egg roll wrappers
- 1 tablespoon flour
For the dipping sauce
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon dry ranch seasoning
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced or grated
- 2 chipotles in adobo, seeds removed and chopped, plus 1 tablespoon of the sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- For the dipping sauce, in a small bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat about oil to 350 degrees in a deep fryer or large frying pan.
- Place avocado slices on a place or large bowl. Drizzle with lime and then sprinkle with salt as desired. Place flour in a small bowl and add water to make into a watery/thin paste.
- Place one egg roll wrapper on your work surface, with one corner pointing towards you, forming a diamond on your surface. Lay 1/2 of a slice of cheese in the middle. Lay 1 slice of avocado on top of cheese, and then one slice of bacon, broken in half. Finish with another slice of avocado.
- Fold the part of the wrapper pointing towards you over the stack of avocado, etc. Fold the left and right points over the middle and roll up egg roll nearly all the way, taking care to fold tightly with no openings for ingredients to fall or leak out. With finger tip, dab a bit of the flour mixture on the remaining corner at the top and then seal this corner onto the egg roll to close it.
- Repeat steps with remaining ingredients. Carefully place a few egg rolls into hot oil and cook until golden brown, turning them over once during the frying. Remove from oil and allow to drain and cool on a place lined with paper towels or napkins. Serve whole or cut in half at an angle with dipping sauce.