Disneyland’s popular peanut butter sandwiches were discontinued, then brought back for a trial run, then discontinued again. I don’t know about you, but I can’t deal with an emotional rollercoaster like that, so I’m making these yummy Copycat Disneyland Peanut Butter Sandwiches myself instead - no trip to Disneyland required!
This graham cracker-peanut butter-chocolate confection is out of this world delicious, and will go quickly once they’re made, so it might be worth making a double batch!
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½-2 cups powdered sugar
- 10-12 graham cracker sheets (in full sheets of 4 crackers)
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- Prepare a 9x9” pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper and spray generously with nonstick spray.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the peanut butter, butter, salt, and 1 ½ cups of powdered sugar with a hand mixer until smooth and creamy. If the mixture is still sticky, add a little bit at a time of the powdered sugar, until you’ve added a maximum of ½ cup more. You should be able to form a ball easily with the filling.
- Microwave the chocolate chips and shortening on 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until completely melted and well-combined.
- Line the bottom of your prepared pan with half of the graham crackers in a single layer. Evenly spread a third of the melted chocolate on top, then scoop out peanut butter mixture, spreading out as evenly as possible.
- Top the peanut butter layer with another third of the melted chocolate, again evenly spreading, then add another single layer of graham crackers. Spread another 1/3 of the chocolate mixture over the top of the peanut butter, then layer with another layer of graham crackers. Spread the remaining chocolate evenly on top.
- Place in the refrigerator to set for about an hour, then slice into bars. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator. Enjoy!