If you’re in the mood for some fancy flavors without all the extra work, this slow cooker recipe is for you! Slow Cooker Roasted Pork with Port Jus and Chipotle-Glazed Apples sounds complicated, but trust me when I say this is one of the easiest gourmet meals you’ll ever make!
All you need to do is throw your slow cooker ingredients in, and come home to some seriously wonderful aromas! Whip up the glazed apples and you’ll have a delicious meal you won’t soon forget!
For the pork:
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 pounds boneless pork loin
For the sauce:
- 2 cups ruby port wine
- 1/4 cup shallots, chopped
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 3 tablespoons butter
For the apples:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons canned chipotle chilies, minced
1. In a bowl mix the cumin, salt, pepper, thyme, chili powder, and brown sugar. Rub the spice mixture all over the pork loin and set aside.
2. In a slow cooker, mix the chicken broth, beef broth, and onions. Put the pork loin on top of the onions and cook on low for 8 hours.
3. An hour before serving, heat the port and shallots in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and keep cooking for 20 minutes. Add in the beef and chicken broths and the thyme and continue boiling for 30 minutes.
4. Remove a half cup of juices from the slow cooker and add to the port sauce. Stir well to combine then set aside.
5. To make the apples combine the cinnamon and sugar in a bowl. Place one sliced apple in the bowl and toss to coat.
6. Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add in 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 teaspoon of chipotles. Add the apple slices and cook for 5-8 minutes, turning to coat well. The sauce should caramelize on the apples. Repeat with the remaining apple, adding the remaining oil and chipotle to the pan.