It’s that time of the year when it’s fun to make and eat as many spooky things as possible! These Eyeball Sandwiches are delicious any time of year, but they’ll make a great addition to your upcoming Halloween parties, too.
Roll up some pickles in a baguette along with cream cheese and other yummy mix-ins, and you’ve got some two-bite sandwiches to die for! Don’t get too freaked out - these aren’t real eyeballs!
- 1 baguette
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup parsley, chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons onion, very finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces sliced deli ham
- Large dill pickles, ends cut off
- Slice bread lengthwise, then hollow out each half, leaving about a ½-inch thick crust.
- Spread mayonnaise into the hollows of the baguette, then evenly sprinkle on the parsley.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese, celery, cheddar cheese, onion, and salt until well-combined, then spread into the bread halves, packing it down with the back of a spoon, leaving room for more ingredients to be added.
- Roll the pickles in the deli ham, then place wrapped pickles down the center of the bread halves, securing with the other half of bread. Wrap the loaf tightly with plastic wrap, then chill several hours in the refrigerator.
- To serve, cut into slices, then garnish with more parsley if desired. Enjoy!