With all the delicious flavor and way less mess and work, it's my favorite way to make dinner. And out of all the scrumptious casseroles you can make in a slow cooker, this chicken and rice casserole has to be one of the easiest and tastiest.
With less than half an hour of prep you can make this creamy, mouth-watering dish that's also pretty healthy.
- 1 pound of boneless chicken thighs, cut into quarters
- 1 can (about 10 ounces) of condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 jar of sliced mushroom, undrained
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 1/2 cups of frozen sweet peas, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked instant white rice
- Put the chicken in a 3 to 4 quart slow cooker. Top the chicken with soup, mushrooms and water. Spread the mixture gently so it's spread evenly over the chicken.
- Cover the slow cooker. Cook on low heat for 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 hours.
- About 15 minutes before serving, stir the peas and rice into the mixture. Cover again and cook on low for another 10 to 15 minutes. The rice should be tender when it's ready.
- Serve and enjoy!
Share this tasty recipe with someone you know!