Nothing says "simple and delicious" like a pasta bake. This no-stress meal feeds your whole family, bakes in a casserole dish, and features all 4 food groups - pasta for grains, beef for protein, cheese for dairy and tomato sauce for fruits and vegetables.
Okay, so it's not exactly a healthy dinner, but we all need a break from the routine once in a while, and this satisfying family favorite is the perfect way to do it.
Save this recipe for your next potluck dinner as well, because it bakes in just 20 minutes, so you can pop it in the oven when you get home and still arrive on time.
- 2 1/2 cups (7 ounces) of uncooked whole wheat rigatoni pasta
- 1 lb of sirloin ground beef
- 1 jar (26 ounces) of pasta sauce
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- Small basil leaves (optional)
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 11x7-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray. Cook and drain the pasta (follow directions on the label).
- At the same time, in a nonstick skillet, cook the beef over Medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. When the meat is full cooked remove from heat and drain it.
- In the baking dish, stir together the cooked pasta, beef, pasta sacue and 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle the top with the remaining mozza and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the oven (uncovered) for 20 minutes or until the dish is throughly heated.
- Garnish with basil if you want and it's ready to serve!
Be sure to save some leftovers for me!
Share this tasty recipe with someone you know!