There are some recipes that just take you back to your childhood. Certain combinations of ingredients bring back that comforting, tasty feeling of a big family meal, and this easy casserole dish is exactly that kind of recipe.
The mix of ground beef, tomato sauce and cheese just hits the spot, and your whole family will go back for seconds - which is fine, because this makes more than enough for everyone.
Just be prepared to make this again next week, because this will definitely become your family's new favorite recipe!
- 2 1/2 cups of uncooked farfalle pasta
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spray a 13 by 9-inch baking dish or a 2 1/2 to 3-quart casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cook the pasta for about 11 minutes or until it's al dente, then drain it and it aside.
- Cook the beef in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes while stirring. When the meat is no longer pink, drain the skillet and stir in the tomato sauce, garlic salf and pepper. Simmer for anohter 2-3 minutes so the sauce gets thick.
- In a bowl, mix the sour cream, the cottage and Parmesan cheese, and a 1/2 cup of the green onions, then stir in the cooked pasta.
- Spoon half of the pasta mix into the baking dish. Top it with the beef mixture, and a 3/4 cup of cheddar cheese. Repeat again with the pasta, beef mix and cheese.
- Bake the casserole uncovered for 25 to 30 minutes or until it's heated thoroughly. Top with the remaining green onions and serve!
[H/T: Betty Crocker]