There's no meal that can't be improved with a healthy serving of cheese. Taking a bite of warm, gooey, flavorful cheese sends your taste buds straight to heaven.
This dish, which combines the great tastes of Parmesan cheese, pasta and sausage for an Italian treat your family will love.
For the perfect appetizer to make this meal complete, you can't go wrong with mozza sticks and marinara sauce.
- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta (10 ounces)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, chopperd
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded Italian-style cheese blend (8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces smoked sausage, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees. Follow your directions to cook and drain the pasta.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt butter in a saucepan over low heat. Stir in the flour, salt, the 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning, pepper and garlic.
- Cook the mixture over medium heat stirring constantly until it's smooth and bubbly.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and stir in milk. Heat the mixture with the milk to boiling on medium -high heat, stirring constantly. Boil and stir for at least 1 minute.
- Remove the mixture from heat and stir in the Italian cheese blend and 1/4 cup of Parmsan until it's all melted.
- Stir the pasta and sausage into the cheese sauce. Pour everything into an ungreased casserole dish and sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes until the casserole is bubbly. Buon appetito!
Share this tasty meal with someone you know!