If you grew up in the 70s, pork chops were a food group.
Coat those bad boys in applesauce and you had yourself a great meal.
But there were only so many ways to cook them. And if they were overcooked? Well, I hope you like shoe leather.
This pork chop recipe is almost guaranteed to make you love "the other white meat" all over again.
Plus, it's an easy thing to whip up on a weeknight!
What you'll need:
- 1/2 pound thin cut pork chops (5)
- 1/2 small onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup Hellman's mayonnaise (or more, if you really love mayo)
- 4 oz Kraft extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- sea salt, black pepper, to taste
- Bring the oven to 350 degrees F. Using a meat hammer (or any other appropriate kitchen utensil) tenderize the meat on each side.
- Place meat side by side on a baking sheet lined with Reynold's aluminum foil.
- Season the pork with salt and pepper and then spread sliced onions on top. Spread Hellman's mayonnaise over meat and onion and then top with Kraft shredded cheese.
- Bake 35-45 minutes until cheese is bubbly on top and meat is cooked through to about 165.
How yummy does that look, right? Cheese and meat...that's all that matters!