Strawberries and nutella are such a perfect combo, you can use it in so many wonderfully chocolaty recipes!
These Strawberry Nutella Turnovers bring the love affair to a new level - all wrapped up in the flakiest puff pastry! It is seriously too easy throwing these together for a decadent breakfast or dessert.
For the turnovers
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed (1 sheet equals 4 large turnovers)
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 egg, beaten
For the toppings
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unfold your thawed puff pastry dough. With a sharp knife, cut the dough into four equal squares.
- Place about 2 tablespoons of Nutella into the corner of each square of puff pastry. Sprinkle 1-2 tablespoon(s) of chopped strawberries over the Nutella.
- Fold the pastry diagonally, and crimp the edges with a fork. Brush the tops and edges of each turnover with egg wash.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until pastry is puffed and golden brown.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and chopped strawberries, if desired.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes and enjoy!