Strawberry shortcake is one dessert i will never share, ever! Instead of saying no every time I decided to do something about it.
Every layer will keep you coming back for more. Creamy cheesecake, crunchy graham crust, a sweet strawberry glaze and of course fresh berries!!! The best part is there's enough to feed at least 20 people! No more sharing!
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 pound cake, cut into ¼-inch slices
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, sliced
- 16 ounce tub strawberry glaze
- Optional Garnishes & Decorations:
- Cool whip, melted chocolate, melted white chocolate, strawberries, mint leaves
For the crust:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter in a medium bowl until well-combined. Press into an 8x8-inch baking dish, then bake about 10 minutes. Cool completely before moving on to next steps.
For the Cream Cheese Filling:
- Mix cream cheese in medium bowl. Beat on HIGH until smooth. Add powdered sugar, melted white chocolate, almond extract and vanilla extract. Beat until well smooth.
- Fold in 1 cup cool whip. Set aside.
For the Strawberry Glaze:
- Set aside 4 strawberries to slice for decoration.
- Mix together the remaining sliced strawberries and strawberry glaze. Set aside.
- Spread ½ cream cheese filling over the prepared pie crust.
- Place cake slices over the cream cheese filling-cut the cake slices to cover the holes where needed.
- Spread ½ strawberry mixture over the cream cheese filling.
- Place cake slices over strawberry mixture.
- Spread ½ cream cheese filling over the cake layer.
- Spread ½ strawberry mixture over cream cheese filling.
- Garnish with whipped cream and additional strawberries when ready to serve.