Stuffed peppers isn’t anything new, we all remember grandma's version of it and yes it was yummy. But what about sending this classic recipe into this century with the help of Doritos!
Get all your favorite nacho and taco flavors and stuff em’ in a pepper, you won’t regret it! As soon as you cut into this crunchy pepper, lava like cheese and meaty taco beef will be waiting for you. A whole fiesta in one pepper!
- 3 large peppers (green, red, yellow)
- 1 bag doritos nacho cheese chips
- 1 cup flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 cup nacho blend grated cheese
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 pkg taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup salsa con queso
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut the tops off of the peppers and hollow out the inside.
- Place 3 cups doritos in a food processor and pulse until chips are almost powder.
- In 3 separate bowl place doritos, flour and lightly beaten eggs. Carefully bread the outside of all peppers starting with flour, egg and then doritos. Continue until peppers have a thick coating of doritos.
- Place peppers on parchment lined baking sheet open side down, lightly oil peppers and bake for 18 minutes.
- While peppers are cooking, in a large pan add olive oil, and cook onions until translucent, add ground beef and taco seasoning, cook thoroughly.
- Remove peppers from oven and flip over, start with a layer of beef, salsa then cheese. Repeat until peppers are full and cheese is the final layer.
- Bake again until cheese on top is melted and bubbly.
- Top with warmed nacho cheese and enjoy!