This recipe takes a creamy twist on traditional French toast and it's recommended by the American Diabetes Association!
Although it is high in sodium, you can cut that down by choosing no salt cheeses and substituting the vanilla extract for orange or strawberry extract.
These light, fluffy French toast treats are guaranteed to make your Sundays sweeter. Top with a little sugar free maple syrup for an extra tasty treat!
- 6 slices of 2-inch thick French bread
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup cottage cheese, whipped
- 2 tablespoons low fat cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups egg substitute
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- cut a pocket into each bread slice, gently open
- In a large bowl: combine ricotta, cottage and cream cheeses.
- Add sugar and flavoring extract, beat until smooth
- Spread filling inside each pocket
- Beat egg substitute and milk
- Dip the bread in egg mixture
- Cook the toast on each side in a nonstick pan over medium-high heat until golden brown.