If you're like me, than sugar cookies are probably your go-to recipe when it comes to large-batch baking.
Made with a few ingredients that are always on hand, these supremely soft treats are extra tasty with a little home made icing and sprinkles.
If you haven't got the time to decorate, just top them with a little confectioner's sugar and away you go!
- 1 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth
- Beat in eggs and vanilla
- Stir in flour, baking powder and salt
- Cover and chill for one hour - or overnight
- Preheat oven to 400 °F
- On a floured surface, roll out dough 1/4 to 1/2-inch thick
- Cut into shapes
- Place cookies 1-inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet
- Bake 6-8 minutes
- Cool and ice