Now you can enjoy the summery flavors of a refreshing margarita right out of your oven! With this delicious dessert bar that you and the whole family can enjoy!
A light and fluffy margarita filling resting on top of a crunchy pretzel crust, this is sure to be a favorite at any bake sale! Take out any alcohol if you don’t want it, all the flavor will still be there!
For the crust:
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2½ cups pretzel sticks
- 2 sheets of graham crackers (4 squares)
For the filling:
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- ⅓ to ½ cup fresh lime juice (about 4 juicy limes)
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 2 tablespoons Cointreau
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
For the topping:
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease an 8x8-inch square pan. Line the pan with parchment paper leaving the extra hanging over the sides.
- In a food processor combine the pretzels and graham crackers. Pulse until crushed. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the melted butter and the granulated sugar. Add the crushed pretzel mixture and stir until combined. Gently press the crust mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Cool completely before filling.
- For the filling beat the cold whipping cream in a medium bowl until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In another medium mixing bowl combine the sweetened condensed milk, lime juice, tequila and Cointreau. Gently fold in the whipped cream, just until blended.
- Pour the filling into the prepare crust and freeze for about 4 hours or overnight. Garnish with a mixture of lime zest and sugar if desired.