Sesame Street was a huge favorite for me growing up, and it turns out it’s still such a mainstay for kids today! We were super inspired by Confessions of a Cookbook Queen's amazing recipe, we decided to try it out ourselves and switch it up a bit with some cookies and milk filling! These Cookie Monster Cupcakes are so perfect for a birthday party, and they’re so easy to make!
You won’t be able to get enough of the delicious cookies and cream theme going on with these cupcakes - and of course! What else would the Cookie Monster like to eat?! Have fun decorating and chowing down on these adorable cupcakes!
- 24 Oreos
- White cupcake or cake mix, plus ingredients on the box
- 1 box chocolate chip cookies
- 1/2 cup milk
For the cookies and cream frosting:
- 2 sticks salted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 10 Oreos, crushed very finely
- Blue food coloring
- 48 large candy eyes
- 12 mini chocolate chip cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare cake or cupcake mix according to package directions.
- Line 24 cupcake tins with liners. Place an Oreo in the bottom of each liner.
- Fill each liner 2/3 full with batter. Bake cupcakes for 15 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched in the center. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- For the filling, crush a few cookies and add a little bit of milk to soften. Using a small paring knife, cut the center out of each cupcake and fill with crushed milky cookie crumbs.
- For the cookies and cream frosting, in the bowl of a mixer, beat butter, cream, and vanilla on medium-low until smooth and well-combined. Slowly add powdered sugar. Once powdered sugar is barely mixed in, increase speed to medium-high and beat for 2 minutes. Fold in crushed Oreos. Add blue food coloring until desired shade is achieved. Pipe frosting on cupcakes.
Inspired By: Confessions of a Cookbook Queen