This super quick and easy broccoli and cheddar casserole is a satisfying combination of healthy veggies, hearty chicken and creamy cheese.
There really is nothing better than smothering veggies in warm, gooey cheese. For variations on this recipe, switch out broccoli for cauliflower, green beans, or even asparagus!
This delicious dinner takes just 40 minutes to make and serves 6.
- 1 pound chopped, fresh, broccoli
- 1 1/2 cups cubed, cooked chicken
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can of condensed cream of broccoli soup
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons dried bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 450 °F (230 °C)
- Bring broccoli to boil in a saucepan with enough water to cover and cook 5 minutes
- Place the broccoli in a 9-inch pie plate
- Top with chicken
- In a medium bowl, mix the soup and milk, then pour over chicken
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, mix the melted butter and bread crumbs, sprinkle over cheese
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until bubbly and light brown