Nachos need one dip and not just any old dip but the best cheese dip ever! Now instead of buying a jar of generic cheese dip give this recipe a try and you’ll see what I’m talking about.
First off we have real aged cheddar as the main ingredient, so you know you’re off to a good start. Melting all that gooey cheese and add chilis, spices and get your nacho chips ready for dipping! Yes it’s that simple!
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 - 7 ounce can green chili salsa
- 1 - 7 ounce can diced green chilies
- 1/3 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 green bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Corn tortilla chips for dipping
- Cut cheddar cheese in chunks and place in double boiler. Cook and stir frequently until cheese is almost completely melted. Add chili salsa, green chilies, onion, green pepper, garlic powder, garlic, oregano, paprika and chili powder.
- Cook slowly, stirring frequently, until cheese is completely melted and mixture is smooth. Serve right away. Serve with fried tortilla wedges as dippers.