Some recipes are so simple, but making them is such a pain that you never bother. Homemade whipped cream is one of those recipes.
All it takes is some icing sugar and cream, but by the time you're done whipping it up and cleaning up the dishes, you feel like you've spent the day at the gym!
Save yourself the hassle with this easy tip for making homemade whipped cream from scratch in minutes. You don't need any special ingredients or tools, just a mason jar (in a pinch, a water bottle will work too).
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon of icing sugar
- Optional: 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract or honey for flavor
- Chill the mason jar for 15 minutes in your freezer. Make sure your jar is big enough, there needs to be air inside to whip up the cream.
- Mix the ingredients in the jar and screw on the lid.
- Shake the jar! When the mixture inside looks solid, after about 2 minutes, it's ready.
- Serve on your favorite dessert or snacks!