Who says hoagie’s need to be sandwiches all the time? This recipe will transform your ordinary sandwich into an extraordinary dip for a hungry crowd.
This extra chunky dip is filled with crisp fresh veggies, salty meats and everyone’s favorite, cheese! Your partygoers will be thanking you until the next get-together!
- 1/4 pound pepperoni, diced small
- 1/4 pound deli Genoa salami, diced small
- 1/4 pound deli ham, diced small
- 8 slices Provolone cheese, diced small
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup hot banana peppers, finely chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 3-4 cups finely chopped iceberg or Romaine lettuce
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped meats and cheese, onion and banana peppers. Add the mayonnaise and Italian seasoning and stir to combine.
- Just before serving, stir in the chopped lettuce. Serve with baguette slices or crackers.