Most vintage recipes should never make a comeback but there are a few gems that have a chance! The Watergate Salad was created in the 1960s for a brunch dessert at the Watergate Hotel and quickly gained popularity due to its fluffy texture and green color and of course the presidential scandal of the same name.
Not the most eye catching dessert but with one bite you will understand what the fuss was about, crunchy pecans, fluffy marshmallow and tropical pineapple all held together with my personal favorite pistachio pudding! Best part is it's ready to devour in 60 min with no effort at all!
- 1 can (20 oz.) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) pistachio flavor Instant pudding
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 cups thawed whipped topping
- Combine first 4 ingredients in large bowl.
- Stir in whipped topping.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.