We see a lot of recipes here at Shared, and a lot of unusual flavor combinations, so when something make us stop and say "hmm, that's interesting," it's worth a try.
If you've never made fried chicken using this special ingredient (here's a hint: you might have had it for breakfast this morning) you're in for a treat.
It may sound like something a little kid would suggest, but making fried chicken with Corn Flakes is an easy way to add some extra flavor and crunch to this family favorite.
- 3 1/2 pounds of chicken parts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cups crushed Corn Flakes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Put a rack at the top of your oven and preheat it to 350 degrees. Lightly oil a baking sheet.
- Rinse and dry the chicken, then season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, wisk together the eggs and milk
- In another bowl, mix the Corn Flakes, salt and black pepper.
- Dip the chicken in the gg mix, then coat the pieces with the corn mix. Makes sure the pieces are covered all over with the corn.
- Bake the chicken 45 to 60 minutes, or until it's crisp and golde. Serve and enjoy!
Share this recipe if you love fried chicken!