Dinner doesn't get any easier than this! One pot meals have become my go-to for busy weeknight meals, they're quick, tasty and everything gets cooked in one pot (meaning fewer dishes to clean!).
You want to make sure you don't scratch your non-stick pans while you're cooking all the ingredients in this dish. We used a STAUB Olive Wood Spatula to stir the ingredients in the pan (the wooden spatula won't scratch your non-stick pots and pans). If you're short on time but don't want to sacrifice on flavor, then this One Pot Lemon Orzo Shrimp is the perfect meal that will leave your family asking for seconds!
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, mined
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 ounces orzo pasta
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1, 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper, to taste; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large oven-proof skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic, onion and oregano, and cook, stirring often, until onions have become translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in orzo until lightly browned, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 10-12 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, peas, lemon juice and shrimp. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Place into oven and bake until shrimp are cooked through, about 12-14 minutes.
- Serve immediately.