4th of July is such a fun time to be patriotic and celebrate our beautiful country! Why not pull out this equally stunning Star-Spangled Red, White and Blue Slab Pie for your festivities?!
It’s never been easier baking up a pie than on a cookie sheet! Use up those refrigerated pie crusts and cover them with some yummy summer berries - don’t forget the pie stars to make things even more Americana! Your friends and family will absolutely love this.
- 3 refrigerated pie crusts
- ¼ cup sugar
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 12 ounces lemon yogurt
- Juice and grated peel of 1 lemon (3 tablespoons juice and 1 teaspoon peel)
- 6 cups assorted berries (sliced strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries)
- 1 cup strawberry glaze
- Heat oven to 450 degrees. Remove 2 of the pie crusts from pouches. Unroll and stack on lightly floured surface. Roll to 17x12-inch rectangle. Fit crust into ungreased 15x10x1-inch pan, pressing into corners. Fold crust even with edges of pan. Prick crust several times with fork.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove another pie crust from pouch. On lightly floured surface, unroll crust. Roll to 12-inch circle. Cut stars using 1-, 1 1/2- and 2-inch cookie cutters. Place 1 inch apart on large ungreased cookie sheet. Brush with water; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the sugar.
- Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet. Remove to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat remaining 3 tablespoons sugar, the cream cheese, yogurt, lemon juice and lemon peel with hand mixer on high speed until smooth and creamy. Spread evenly into crust-lined pan. Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until chilled.
- In large bowl, mix berries and glaze until well blended. Spoon berry mixture evenly on top of cream cheese-topped pie crust. Place pie crust stars on top of berry mixture. Enjoy!