No mixer? No problem. This entire dessert can be combined, constructed, and baked in a single pan which basically makes it the best dessert ever.
Magic Bars are the perfect combination of sweet and salty and will be a guaranteed hit at your next family gathering!
The best part is how customizable they are. You can mix and match your favorite ingredients to make magic of your own!
I'll sometimes substitute peanuts or cashews for the pecans or cashews depending on who is coming over!
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup (170g) unsalted butter, diced into 1 Tbsp pieces
- 2 cups (228g) crushed graham crackers (about 15 full sheets)
- 2 cups (340g) chocolate chips (combination of semi-sweet and milk chocolate works best)
- 1 cup (86g) shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 cup (100g) chopped walnuts or pecans (or whichever nuts you prefer)
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk (not low-fat or fat free)
How To Make It
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place butter in a 13 by 9-inch baking dish, add to oven and allow to heat until melted. Remove from oven, tilt pan side to side to allow butter to run about 1-inch up the sides of the pan, then add graham crackers and toss to evenly coat with melted butter. Firmly press mixture into an even layer in pan.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over graham cracker layer followed by coconut and pecans.
- Drizzle sweetened condensed milk evenly over top.
- Bake in preheated oven until lightly golden, about 25 minutes.
- Cool completely on a wire rack then cut into bars. Store in an airtight container.
And there you have it...magic!