If you love meatballs, but need to watch how much red meat you consume, then these tasty turkey meatballs could be the solution you've been looking for!
The quality of the meat you use isn't the only healthy thing about this recipe. Rather than frying or broiling, these meatballs are baked.
They taste great with traditional pasta and spaghetti or loaded with toppings on a hot dog bun for a quick submarine sandwich.
However you like to eat your meatballs, this recipe is definitely a keeper!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (20 oz) package of ground turkey
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon of chopped sage
- 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons of onion powder
- 2 tablespoons of garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees °F
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with olive oil
- Medium bowl: mix ground turkey, egg and bread crumbs, sage, Parmesan, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper
- Using an ice cream scoop or a table spoon, form the meat into golf ball sized meatballs
- Place in baking dish 1 inch apart
- Press down slightly to flatten the bottom
- Bake for 15 minutes, turn and continue baking for 5 more