This super simple, really easy dessert will leave you feeling satisfied at the end of your meal.
As a fun twist on a traditional pineapple upside down cake, these mini pineapple upside down cakes are the perfect combination of sweet and citrus.
Skip the bakery aisle and get creative in the kitchen by making your own delicious desserts.
With a few simple ingredients you will be able to satisfy that craving and have some left for later!
- 20 oz canned pineapple
- 1 box Yellow Cake mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 24 Maraschino Cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut pineapple rings into quarters
- Spray muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray
- Combine cake mix, oil, eggs and pineapple juice in a bow and beat on low until combined
- In a separate bowl, combine melted butter and brown sugar and stir until blended
- Add 2 teaspoons of butter mixture into each cup
- Place pineapple pieces in a circle around the bottom with a cherry in the center.
- Fill each cup 2/3 full with batter
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
- Allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes
- Run a butter knife around the edge of each cup and flip onto a baking sheet.