Any recipe that skips a baking step is a winner in my books. These Shamrock No Bake Cake Batter Truffles are the perfect St Patrick’s Day dessert-appetizer all in one!
If you’ve got a party to make treats for, it’s so easy to whip up a batch of these little truffles of cake covered in chocolate. Decorate them accordingly with little shamrock sprinkles - or feel free to customize these depending on whatever holiday it is!
For the truffles:
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup white cake mix
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3-4 tablespoons milk
- 5-6 drops, green food coloring
- 2 tablespoons holiday sprinkles
For the coating:
- 16 ounces white chocolate coating
- Holiday sprinkles
- Fork (for dipping)
- For the truffles, beat together butter and sugar using an electric mixer until combined. Add cake mix, flour, salt, peppermint extract and vanilla extract and mix thoroughly. Add 3–4 tablespoons of milk if needed to make a dough consistency. Mix in sprinkles by hand.
- Roll dough into one-inch balls and place on parchment or wax paper on a cookie sheet. Chill balls in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to firm up.
- For the coating, while dough balls are chilling, melt chocolate coating in the microwave in 30 second intervals until melted. Stir between intervals.
- Using a fork, dip truffles into melted chocolate and gently twirl or tap to remove excess coating. Place truffle back on cookie sheet and top with sprinkles. Repeat with remaining balls until finished.
- Chill truffles in the refrigerator until ready to serve.