Cat owners are a strange breed.
We pretend to be normal (okay maybe we don't) but we are secretly all a little insane.
It may actually surprise you to know that a lot of those "weird" things you think you do are actually quite common among cat owners.
Here's a list of things that all cat owners are guilty of, regardless of whether or not you admit it in public.
1. You try to hold their paw no matter how hard they struggle.
If you're lucky, they'll just pull away. If you're not, they'll pull away and then bite you.
2. Chasing your cat around the house whenever they're doing something cute
Stay here. Let me take 5000 pictures of you and send 4999 of them to my friends on Snapchat.
3. Not completing things you need to do because a cat is sitting on you.
No, no. It's fine. Your happiness is more important than my need to pee. And also if I leave you may never sit with me again.
4. Giving your cat human food just because you want them to experience luxury.
5. Having a conversation with your cat and then remembering they don't understand.
And let's be honest, even if they understood it's not like they would care.
6. Having a voice reserved specifically for them.
And sometimes you have a hard time switching out of it when another person walks in.
7. Trying to use the Snapchat filters on your cat and praying they'll work.
And when they do, it's magical.
8. Calling your cat by a name that is actually not their name.
For example, I call mine Fat Cat more often than I call her by her real name (for obvious reasons she's very fat.)
9. Getting offended when your cat sits on someone's lap that is not yours.
YOU MAY LOVE THEM NOW, BUT IT WILL BE ME YOU LOVE WHEN I FEED YOU TOMORROW MORNING.
10. Holding your cat up to the mirror so they can see themselves.
It's imperative they know how cute they are.
11. Pretending to use them as a pillow but not actually doing it because you're worried you'll squish them.
They're just so squishy you have to try it.
12. Yelling "hello" and "goodbye" at your cat as they dart around the house.
They're clearly in a rush but that doesn't mean manners aren't a thing anymore.
13. Wanting to share the bed with your cat but knowing they take up the entire thing.
Having them on the bed with you is so comforting. But also I'm about to fall onto the floor.
14. Letting your cat come into the bathroom with you.
Some think it's weird, you think it's comforting.
15. Convincing yourself when your cat bites it means they love you.
IT MEANS YOU WANT TO TASTE HOW MUCH YOU LOVE ME, RIGHT?
16. Saying "bless you" when they sneeze.
Blessings know no bounds.
17. Trying to cuddle them when they aren't into it.
Shhhhh, shhhh. Just let it happen.
Do you do any (or all) of these? Let us know in the comments!