I love popping by Frisch’s or Shoney’s for a delicious strawberry pie, but sometimes it’s nice to be able to pull something out and say I made it myself. This Easy Strawberry Jello Pie is just like the storebought version, but is even better because it’s homemade!
Now, don’t let the word “homemade” scare you - this version is super simple and will wow anyone who tries it! All you need is a refrigerated pie crust, strawberries, jello and some other pantry items for a pie that will refresh and keep you cool this summer!
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 box strawberry jello
- Whipped cream, for serving (if desired)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place pie crust in pie pan and crimp the edges as desired, then use a fork to poke holes in the bottom.
- Bake pie crust for 15-18 minutes, or until edges are golden, then allow to cool fully.
- Once the pie crust has cooled, evenly spread the sliced strawberries onto the crust.
- In a medium pot on the stove, stir together water, sugar, and cornstarch, then bring to a boil. Simmer, stirring constantly, until the mixture has thickened.
- Remove from heat, add jello powder and stir until dissolved, then pour the mixture over strawberries.
- Chill the pie until fully set, about 4 hours to overnight.
- If desired, decorate with whipped cream just before serving.