Would you consider yourself a foodie? Whether you love to travel and taste different cuisines or go on a culinary adventure in your kitchen, there are many ways to appreciate the combination of good ingredients.
But how much adventure do you really like in your food?
This recipe has people stretching their cooking abilities and the results could be surprising.
Want to try it?
- 2 pounds of small octopus (cleaned, washed, ready to cook)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup basmati rice (presoaked for 10 minutes in warm water, then drained)
- 1/2 cup of dry red wine
- 3 or 4 onions, finely chopped
- 6 clovs of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound of grated zucchini (strained)
- 1 bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- 1 pound of hard, red tomates, grated
- 1 teaspoon of crushed chili peppers
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- phyllo dough
- Boil the octopus meat until the pieces become soft. Add wine until it starts to boil. Remove from heat and set aside to cool. The octopus legs should be chopped into small pieces and left in their broth in a separate bowl.
- In a frying pan, add 3 or 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and saute the onions until they soften.
- Add garlic and remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine onions, zucchini, tomatoes, basmati rice, parsley, octopus pieces, cinnamon, crushed chili peppers, half of the olive oil and salt.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Brush 15x12 inch baking pan with olive oil.
- Place half the phyllo dough on the bottom of the pan. Using a brush, carefully add olive oil between each layer of phyllo.
- Place stuffing and cover the rest of the phyllo dough, brushing olive oil on the top layer.
- Using a sharp knife, cut vents down to the bottom of the pie in 3-4 spots.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then using a spray bottle, lightly coat the pie with water.
- Continue baking for another 5 minutes.
- Lower the temperature to 350 degrees and bake for at least 1 hour.
- Cover the pie with aluminum foil and bake for the last 15 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and let pie sit inside for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pie from the oven and let cool for 2 hours before serving.