As much as I grew up a meat-lover, I've been having tons of fun experimenting and trying out vegetarian meals. This Italian Stir Fry will pleasantly surprise your taste buds and your tummy - loaded with veggies that will leave you filled up and satisfied.
When making a dish like this, you need to make sure you've got a trust-worthy pan that can handle a large amount of ingredients, and will cook them all evenly. We used the Ballarini Firenze Wok that's super lightweight, and has a special Thermopoint that indicates when the pan has reached optimum frying temperature. You'll adore this vegetarian meal for dinner and even lunch the next day!
- 1 pound bow tie pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 6 red mini sweet peppers, diced
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can (15-ounces) garbanzo beans, well rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup black olives, halved
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- 3 green onions, chopped, for garnish
Cook pasta according to the directions on the package.
In the meantime, heat olive oil in a wok.
Add onions, peppers and garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until veggies are tender.
Stir in tomatoes, garbanzo beans and olives. Continue to cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until soft and heated through.
Stir in vegetable broth and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
Stir fresh parsley, sliced basil and oregano.
Season with salt and pepper and continue to cook for 1 minute.
Add pasta and toss to mix.
Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and green onions. Taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly. Serve.