Isn't it crazy how something so simple can transport your senses to the heights of enjoyment? Warm crusty bread dipped in a mouthwatering blend of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and spices is the ultimate simple yet elegant savory appetizer.
This olive oil and balsamic bread dip couldn't be any easier to make. You just warm the minced garlic in the olive oil, then add the other spices along with the balsamic vinegar. Serve it with warm bread, and that's it! The results are simply divine!
- 1/2 cup good quality extra-virgin olive oil
- 4-5 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
- 2 tablespoons oregano (or Italian seasoning)
- 1/4 cup fresh parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, or to taste
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Sliced fresh baguette, for dipping
Pour the olive oil into a small shallow pan. Set over medium-low heat.
Add the minced garlic. Leave the oil and garlic over the heat just until it has warmed, (you are not cooking it, just warming) then pour the oil onto a deep plate or wide, shallow bowl.
Immediately sprinkle with oregano, Parmesan, balsamic vinegar, and black pepper.
Serve with hot sliced baguette.