Creamsicles used to be my go-to cold treat come summertime - I could eat them endlessly once the hot weather hit! This Orange Creamsicle Poke Cake is packed with yummy orange flavor from the fresh orange juice and zest in the batter, to the sweet orange candy slices garnishing the top of the cake.
This confection is a treat for any birthday party or other festivities, and you won’t be able to get enough of the topping. Made with whipped cream, this cake will keep you cool and satisfy your sweet tooth all in one go!
For the cake:
- 1 box white cake mix
- 3 egg whites
- ⅓ cup oil
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- ¾ cup water
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
For the jello filling:
- 3 ounce package orange jello powder
- 1 ¼ cup boiling water
- ¾ cup sweetened condensed milk
For the topping:
- 2 ¼ cups heavy cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Orange candy slices
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x13 cake pan with nonstick spray.
- Mix up the cake ingredients in a large bowl using a hand mixer until well-combined.
- Pour the batter into your prepared pan then follow baking directions on the box, or until a toothpick comes out with crumbs.
- Remove the cake from the oven and using the handle of a wooden spoon, poke holes all over the top of the cake. Set cake aside.
- In a medium bowl or large measuring cup, add the jello powder to the boiling water, then stir until the powder dissolves completely. Add in the sweetened condensed milk and mix until well-combined.
- Pour the orange jello mixture evenly over the top of the cake, allowing it to soak into the poked holes. Cool cake completely.
- For the topping, add the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract into a large mixing bowl. Whip with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Once cake has cooled completely, spread the whipped cream evenly over the top of the cake, and decorate with orange candy slices.
- Chill cake until ready to serve.