Smoothie bowls may be all the rage these days, and with good reason! Here's a great 'fresh' twist on these super healthy protein-packed pleasures… Peach pie! As if the thick, creamy smoothie base wasn't enough, this recipe loads it up with all the mouth-watering flavors of a traditional and authentic peach pie.
Loaded with almonds, granola, Greek yogurt, and spiced to perfection, this bowl makes for an exquisite breakfast, lunch, or post workout snack. Add in a scoop of vanilla protein powder if you want an extra dose of healthy energy!
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peaches
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 3/4 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 scoop unflavored or vanilla protein powder (optional)
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon honey, use more if you like it sweeter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Fresh peach slices, granola, and toasted sliced almond for toppings
In a blender add all of the ingredients except the toppings and blend until smooth.
Pour the smoothie into a bowl and top with fresh peach slices, granola, and toasted almond slices.