Macaroni and Cheese is our family's fall-back option when neither one of us has the time to get too creative in the kitchen.
My husband and I know this recipe by heart and, after a few times making it, you will too! Everything in this simple recipe is likely already in your fridge and cupboard. It takes about 15 minutes to prepare and 45 minutes to cook.
There are probably a million Mac and Cheese recipes to choose from, ours uses a standard recipe with a little twist!
- 4 cups elbow macaroni
- 4 cups shredded extra sharp or sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon ground mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of crushed Ritz crackers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Cook the macaroni in a large pot of boiling, salted water
- In a second bowl, add 2 and 1/2 cups of cheese with flour, mustard, salt and pepper
- Drain the macaroni, then stir it into the cheese mixture
- Pour cheese coated macaroni into a 9x12 inch greased pan
- Pour milk over the macaroni and top with remaining cheese
- Melt butter and stir in crushed Ritz crackers
- Sprinkle cracker mixture over macaroni
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until golden brown
Check out more delicious recipes on Shared Food!