You may have already heard about this simple tip and even tried it. If it didn't work, you were probably doing it wrong!
Many people believe that spraying this homemade deicer onto your windshield will make it easier for you scrape that nasty ice away. But, that's not how it works.
Follow these instructions closely and you'll never have to scrape again!
- The night before: lift your wipers off the windshield.
- Mix 3 parts of vinegar and 1 part of water and pour into spray bottle.
- Spray the mixture over the windshield and leave over night.
- Dust off the snow in the morning and drive away!
Spraying the mixture directly onto a thin layer of frost may melt it off of your windshield. But according to Snopes, it isn't likely to work on thicker ice buildup.
If you're worried that the vinegar will damage your windshield, don't be. It's unlikely that vinegar is acidic enough to cause any kind of damage to the glass.
- Cover your side mirrors with plastic grocery bags to keep the frost and ice off.
- Park your car so that it faces East - the morning sun will melt the ice and make cleaning your car much easier!
Pass this on to everyone who hates clearing off their car in the winter!