I love using my slow cooker whenever I can, and when The Slow Cooker Gourmet showed me that I could make a classic chicken and biscuits in there, too, my world changed! This Slow Cooker Chicken Gravy and Biscuits is so easy to make, and so delicious.
You’ll love the mix of chicken and portobello mushrooms, and the biscuits bake up beautifully in the last hour of cooking! Serve this up for Sunday dinner and you’ll be a star in the kitchen!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 8 ounces frozen or fresh sliced portobello mushrooms
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2½ cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup heavy cream, for later
- 1 can (8-10) refrigerated biscuits, for later
- Cut chicken and mushrooms into bite-sized chunks.
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick spray.
- Add chicken and mushrooms to slow cooker and toss with flour and seasonings to coat.
- Slowly stir in broth.
- cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4.
- Stir in heavy cream.
- Remove biscuits from can and place on top of chicken mixture (you can stretch them out a little if necessary to cover top completely).
- Cover and continue cooking on high until biscuits are done, about another hour.
Recipe From: Slow Cooker Gourmet