I know, I know - when you hear lasagna, you think ooey gooey cheesy pasta layered beautifully for dinner! But wait...this Strawberry Pretzel Lasagna is even easier, and is all ready to be eaten for dessert!
Pretzels have become a mainstay in my kitchen for both savory and sweet foods. You just can’t go wrong with a salty-sweet combo, and they add the perfect crunch to your luscious strawberry topping. Serve this up this spring or summer for a refreshing treat!
- 2 cups crushed pretzels (about 8 ounces)
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
For the filling:
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
For the topping:
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen sliced strawberries, thawed
- Additional whipped topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, combine the pretzels, butter and sugar. Press into an ungreased 13x9 baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For the filling, in a small bowl, beat whipped topping, cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Spread over pretzel crust. Refrigerate until chilled.
- For topping, dissolve gelatin in boiling water in a large bowl. Stir in strawberries with syrup; chill until partially set. Carefully spoon over filling. Chill for 4-6 hours or until firm. Cut into squares; serve with whipped topping if desired.