Taco night is a classic, but why not kick it up a notch with these Sweet Potato Taco Bowls instead! They are packed full of flavor and will change the way you think tacos should be eaten.
Stacking everything in a bowl and adding in some sweet potatoes will be the best thing you try all week! It's just so simple and delicious that you won't ever look at tacos the same way again!
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1"cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1 (14 ounce) black beans, drained and rised
- 1 cup corn
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, sliced
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Blend the chili powder, paprika, cumin, salt, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, with a whisk.
Toss your sweet potatoes with olive oil until they are all coated.
Use 2 tablespoons of your seasoning mixture and coat the potatoes in it. Bake potatoes for 12-20 minutes or until they are tender.
Brown ground beef and then drain.
Add in the black beans and stir in the remaining seasoning mixture.
Line a bowl with the ground beef mixture then top with sweet potatoes, corn, avocado and tomatoes.